Thursday, March 7, 2013

Oh, Hello!

I missed video Monday, I know. Stuff was a'happenin'! Life sometimes gets in the way, or all over the place. One of those, or both. I'll have a video this coming Monday, and we'll just pretend this last one didn't happen!

I've been busy working on several projects, as well as playing with my Zazzle store (where I made a new banner and desperately tried to organize it... which isn't going well. I'll figure it out eventually), and more. Businessy type stuff. I did paint a few things though:

"Teremaire" 4x6" watercolor on paper.
I finished this little hatchling last night as the second in my 6-dragon-hatchling series. I really like him, and he's iridescent too (gold) and is so shiny in the right light!

I thought I had several Fabriano blocks, but I didn't. So, when the new blocks showed up, I decided to just outright play and see if the flow was any different (it's not, really - but the shedding is less, which I do like and the hot-pressed is smoother than the other hot-pressed):

"Blink" 5x7 watercolor on paper

And then I've been working on stuff for Thrice Magazine. I've finished two and I'm in the middle of a bigger one right now, but I'm almost done. But, here's one of the finished pieces:

"Juice" 5x5 acrylic on canvas panel.

Once I finish the bigger one for Thrice, then I'll be off and running with a couple other projects. I think I've decided to go with a girl (maybe a fairy, maybe just a girl) meeting a little dragon, but instead of using watercolors, I was thinking of switching it to canvas for this one. Hmmm. Not sure yet, but I want to get it done quickly, so either way will be a lot of work because it's going to be much bigger (16x20, if on canvas - or 12x16 on paper.) I also have Cheshire Cat plans, and I was uncertain whether to start him or this. My schedule is all messed up for this month, and I'm desperately trying to get it back on track!


11 comments:

  1. Wow, your three paintings are stunning! I love the dragon's eye and the pink egg! Your masked, purple hair girl, is very mysterious! And, your juice painting is so much fun! I love the bright color and the swirls ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there you productive gal you! You stay busy 24-7, a great role model. I am partial to your hatching dragons.
    Now, How do you reprint the GOLD? I have always found, when using metallic gold or silver paint, they do not reproduce well on a print.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeri! The gold shine doesn't translate the same in the print, instead it comes across as simply a yellow or golden color. I figure it makes the original that much more special to the new owners! :)

      Delete
  3. You are a busy bee....I bet your To Do list is quadruple the size of mine, and I don't even get all my stuff done...haha!

    Love the hatchling! I showed him to my daughter and got an immediate "Awwwww"
    The girl reminds me of Pris in Blade Runner. Did you ever see that movie? She spray paints her eyes black :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hatchling!!!! It's my favorite too - although I'm in love with all of your paintings with their gorgeous color and texture! BUT have I told you (I may have ;) how much my little girls loves dragons - AND your work?? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Kyra, the hatchling is just so adorable! I love his cute face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your dragon painting! I can imagine how sparkly the gold is :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bright colours you're using at the moment! I'm so behind with blogging and internet stuff after the Easter hols. It's lovely to see your paintings, the little dragon is sweet! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! And you know, I got to show my Kendra your piece again - she LOVES it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello,
    it is wonderful to see all of your pieces. I love the dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! Cracked me up - gangrene and weddings - perfect!! Yes, I see you in Violet too - I was blue - pretty right on, xoxo!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my art blog! If you would like to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!

Warning to those wishing to leave a spam/advertising comment or link: do not bother, I will delete it.