Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!


Did you get what you wanted for Christmas? I did; my family together. That's always enough for me!

Last night, before the cinnamon rolls were even done.
Notice the lack of flour all over my hair and face. 


I didn't realize how long it has been since I have posted! I didn't even show my finished Stocking Stuffers painting, much less all the little holiday minis I recently completed! I guess I've just been nose-to-the-grindstone and not really doing much else!

So, on this Christmas morning, with wrapping paper strewn throughout the house (seriously, it's driving me insane! I've picked up and it keeps multiplying!) children on sugar highs (and lows) and pets zonked out on a few of their favorite things... here is what I was up to in the past month!

First, I DID finish my holiday painting for 2014, and made Christmas cards out of it and filled orders. I plan on creating a holiday painting every year and doing that. I going to have 2015's finished by September though!

"Stocking Stuffers" 8x10 acrylic on canvas, sold (prints available)

Then there were the holiday minis I got going on. Basically, this is brain candy for an artist. I LOVE doing these little holiday fun ones!

"Candy King" 2x4 inches acrylic on canvas, sold


"Cardinal" 2x2 inches acrylic on canvas, sold


"Mistletoe Bunnies" 3x6 inches acrylic on canvas, sold


"Snowman" 2x2 inches acrylic on canvas, sold


"baby penguin" 2x2 inches acrylic on canvas, sold


"Candy Cane Dragon" 3x3 inches acrylic on canvas, sold


"Little Light" 2x2 inches acrylic on canvas, available



"O'Christmas Tree" 3x3 acrylic on canvas, available



"Gracie" 3x3 inches acrylic on canvas, available
You know what's neat? Knowing that some of my work is under the tree for someone. That makes me all warm and fuzzy!

In addition to working like crazy and trying to balance out the holidays, I also invested (finally) in an expensive art printer so I can make my own prints. And let me tell you, it's fabulous! I love how crisp and vibrant the prints are. Plus, this sets me free from the print service - for many reasons, this is a welcome change!

It's time to start thinking about how to structure 2015 to make it successful. More on that will be coming, as I promise to post for New Years. Until then, though, I must get my website finished! AND THIS HOUSE CLEANED!

Is there a Christmas cleaning fairy I should wish on a pile of ribbon for? No? I should probably get the vacuum out then...

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great Christmas Kyra ;o) Beautiful picture of you ;o) I agree, as long as family and special friends are together, that's all I care about ;o) It was a quiet Christmas for us this year. All your paintings are so cute! They are all so truly special! Funny you were talking about prints, because people have been asking me for prints and I don't know what to do? Do it myself? Have someone else do it? Not sure? I see you are on Zazzle too! I have been told about that too. So many ideas! LOL! Here's to a great 2015 ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyra, you're doing much better than I as far as blog posting goes. Sorry I wasn't around to visit your post and wish you a joyous Christmas.
    By the way, I adore all of your precious Christmas minis.

    As for the cleaning fairy . . . oh how I wish there was one. :D

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my art blog! If you would like to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!

Warning to those wishing to leave a spam/advertising comment or link: do not bother, I will delete it.