Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It's A Small, Small World!

I mentioned before, the teeny tiny stretched canvases I received, and trying to figure out what to do with them. I thought it would be hard thinking up ideas, and instead? I wish I had ordered a ton more!

I was painting a set, with a tiny canvas as the moon, and a still tiny but bigger canvas with a pumpkin patch. I finished the moon, and posted a picture of it as an in-progress, but I had offers to buy it right away. This surprised me, isn't a little 2"x2" canvas of a moon... well, doesn't it need a little more? It's so tiny?!! It is cute though...



Given the interest, I put it up and it sold right away (within about 30 seconds.) Wow. I've had a lot of requests for moons, so I painted a quick one on a 5x5" panel too, and put it in my Etsy shop for a very low price compared to my normal work.

Harvest Moon, $24 (including shipping) in my Etsy shop.


It hasn't sold yet, but I'm moving so many of my other originals, I'm having a problem with low stock! I really have to get things moving quickly in my studio! It's possible that a solution is in people being interested in the tiny ones, so I'm going to be doing more of them. Now, I'm not sure whether to sell the mini-pumpkin patch all on its own or with a mini-moon.

Anyway, I think I'm focusing on lots of minis right now. I'll get back to my watercolor and start in  on it when I get frustrated with the minis and need a break (and I'm still trying to decide how to go with it, acrylics diluted or watercolors.) At least I'm finally diving in on all the holiday work!

Since I painted that moon on the panel, I think it's fair to mention that this is the first canvas panel I have painted in a very long time. I bought the panels to play, and I think the moon is a good start. I'm thinking about adding a goal to finish a small panel every day. A sort of "painting a day", to try and make myself relax a bit, paint faster, finish faster, and experiment. Not all of them are going to be good, but they can be finished if I focus! I think it'll be a good exercise for me, and I'll get to experiment with other subject matter!

I'm getting excited just thinking about it! Time to paint!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a very good plan! I procrastinate every day when it comes to projects like this, I think you're brilliant. :)
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my art blog! If you would like to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!

Warning to those wishing to leave a spam/advertising comment or link: do not bother, I will delete it.