Sunday, April 4, 2010

Daylight

Last night, while trying to stay up so the Easter Bunny didn't fail to make an appearance, I finished a painting I've been working on for a while. A friend asked to see my current Enchanted Forest series with a daylight/pastel theme. So, I went ahead and gave it a go:

"Daylight"
Enchanted Forest series
Acrylic, Metallic/Iridescent
Gallery Wrapped, Shallow
16" x 20"x .75"
$300

The color changes from one side of the painting in the trees to the other is an affect of the lighting. The trees are actually the same, but different lighting conditions will bring out different colors throughout the day and evening.

To be honest... I'm not in love with it. I like my deep purple hues with contrasting fiery iridescents. I actually struggled with this painting, because normally I get lost in the canvas. I can lose myself in it, and I suppose it's a sort of... meditation. I've never been one for meditation, I can't even get through a whole session of yoga without going "Come Ooooooooon!!!!!" Running is the closest I get to being earth bound and quiet.

Well, except for when I paint, as it turns out. I found this painting intrusive, rather than relaxing. Stressful. My husband likes it, and we'll see if my friend likes it, but for myself? I don't think I'll be creating another with the same bright lines.

I'm going to paint a smaller purple one, just to set myself back at ease.

I actually have plans to start incorporating a few other familiar concepts into this series, with a plan for a very large painting with a figure in it. We'll see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my art blog! If you would like to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!

Warning to those wishing to leave a spam/advertising comment or link: do not bother, I will delete it.