Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Happy New Year!

It's not quite 2014 here, but it is mere minutes away (well, about 60 of them.) Still, this year I am finding myself a bit sleepy and happy to see 2013 go.

I put together a painting quilt of my work from 2013:



In some ways, I am happy with that. In others, I see so much more room for improvement. More focus on the big, complicated and detailed paintings will be a priority for 2014. The minis were good, and will come back around here and there, but my goal is to reign in the ADD artist personality and start a more serious push through the bigger pieces like my Queen of Hearts, and Red Riding Hood is definitely coming your way!

One of my resolutions is to open up a little more on here. So, I plan on doing that. More about me and the art, not just art.

So, on that note this year I will also be focusing on my health as well as working on trying to make things better for my family and I. It was a tough 2013, with many things out of my control and sad or scary. I'm hoping for a much better 2014! But no matter what happens, I know I'll have paint brush in hand and paint splatters on just about everything I own... which is just about perfect!

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Well, whatever the trials you had this year, I hope 2014 will be a fruitful and happy year for you and yours. How prolific you are! The paintings and the colors are magical, I think you are a true and talented artist. I always strive to improve my artwork, as do you. We can always learn more and the only way we can do it is to keep plugging away with our brushes and paints.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Kyra ;o) I love seeing all your paintings together! That's something I have never done. I wish you many blessings for 2014 ;o) I feel it's going to be a great year ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my art blog! If you would like to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!

Warning to those wishing to leave a spam/advertising comment or link: do not bother, I will delete it.