Friday, May 31, 2013

Alice

I finally finished Alice.

"Alice" 9x12x1, Acrylic on stretched canvas (original sold, prints available)


I wasn't sure I was going to at one point, given that I had sort of lost interest. I'm not sure why. Figuring out that I wanted to hang pocket watches all over the tree made a difference though. Again, not sure why. I've always been fascinated with clocks, and I'm sure that had something to do with it.

Some parts went fast, others slowly, and in my head I was already well onto the next painting. The next one up will absolutely be the Queen of Hearts. I have this image of her... she might be a bit racy though, so we'll see how that one develops.

However, until then I'm going to work on the two little watercolors (dragon and unicorn) that I'm doing a time-lapse video on, and then on to the big watercolor with the unicorn and fairy. I'm hoping those go much faster. This painting took entirely too long.

More and more, I've been contemplating the Cintiqs. The smoothness of the finish you get with digital is just not something I seem to be able to pull off in traditional mediums. I wish there was a master's class that taught that, because I would sign right up!

It's very, very hot here. It got into the 90's today with high humidity, with worse expected tomorrow. I'm wishing I had A/C right now! Especially since I have to bake a birthday cake for my daughter's party. She turns 15 this weekend. I can't believe it!

3 comments:

  1. Alice turned out magnificently. Love the watches on the tree - it brings in thoughts of the White Rabbit and his constant looking at his pocket watch - and the correlation of our own compulsion that we're late and have to be somewhere on time.

    Looking forward to your interpretation of the Queen of Hearts, I'm sure it will be unique and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got this one off your easel....your struggle getting her done doesn't show in the least....such great details!

    Can't wait to see your time-lapse videos. Always fascinated by other Artist's methods :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your painting is stunning! The detail is amazing! I hope your daughter had a great birthday ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my art blog! If you would like to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!

Warning to those wishing to leave a spam/advertising comment or link: do not bother, I will delete it.