Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Alice Carrying On!

It's been a little while since I posted, but I have a couple more paintings to share with you!  These are both from my Alice series:


"Viceroy"
4x4x.33, stretched, gallery wrapped and sides painted

"Viceroy" is an ultra-mini I did while going in between the second painting. It allowed for drying time, but also to play with the butterfly! The wings are iridescent and I love it!

The second, "Wanna Play" is my character development for my Alice series. Obviously, the Hedgehog and Flamingo croquet from Alice. I like the way it came out, though the hedgehog admittedly gave me some problems for a day or two. But this is why I am developing these smaller paintings before I launch into the larger sizes. And I DO plan on a much larger painting. I want to do a 24x36 painting with multiple elements. This means it'll be complicated and take a while, but should make for a wonderful painting, and absolutely will yield large sized prints!


"Wanna Play?"
Acrylic, 9x12x.75, stretched, gallery wrapped and sides painted
I had to put my faithful Labrador Max to sleep last week. I was suggested that I paint something of him. At first I rejected this idea. The truth is, I haven't even been able to paint until last night anyway. Now? Now... I'm thinking about it. Well, in truth, I'm doing more than thinking about it. I'm planning out a canvas now. It'll be a mini-break from my Alice series, but I'll get right back to it.

The originals for my Alice series aren't offered for sale yet because I am holding them all until I can do a complete show with them. The night of the show, the paintings will also go live for sale. Prints will be made of some of the paintings, and will be available beforehand (as I get the completed.)

I'm really looking forward to rounding out my cast of characters, and then creating several large pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my art blog! If you would like to leave a comment, I would love to hear from you!

Warning to those wishing to leave a spam/advertising comment or link: do not bother, I will delete it.